The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alternation of specifications. Any interpretation of the rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
- Genral Rules 2020
- CRUSA Modified Sportsman 2020
- FWD 2020
- Super Stock 2020
- MINI STOCK 2020
- CRUSA (604) Late Model 2020
- CRUSA Street Stock 2020
- Pure Stock 2020
2. All drivers, mechanics, car owners & anyone else will sign insurance release and purchase a pit pass before entering pits. Parents must sign a waiver for anyone under the age of 18.
3. Any persons who enters the pit area, agrees to abide by the rules & regulations of Tennessee National Raceway.
4. Anyone failing to abide to the track rules, unsportsmanlike conduct, or holding up the race event for any reason will cause the car he is involved with to be penalized, barred, or disqualified.
5. No driver, car owner, or crew member shall have any claims for damages, expenses, or otherwise against the track or officials.
6. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a minors release signed by legal guardian. You can do this at the register building.
7. No one on the track unless instructed by the pit steward to do so. You will cause your car to be disqualified.
8. Any one that touches a car under caution unless instructed to do so by the pit steward will be put to the rear. No car shall pull up to the apron for tires & such to be checked or body repair without being instructed to do so by pit officials; go to front infield marked off.
9. No rear view mirrors in cars.
10. A car cannot leave grounds until 20 minutes after its feature race.
11. No 2-way radios will be allowed. (No transmitting or listening devices in a car). Transceivers may be used by track.
12. In cause of inclement weather, if half the show has been completed, track decision on whether the race will be finished the following week along with full show or called a night’s race. Points & money will be awarded to the classes that have run.
13. If a car is found to be illegal, or disqualified the driver will not receive any points or money for that night.
14. All cars must have a hook for lifting purposes; front & rear.
15. All cars must be numbered on each side & roof.
16. Tennessee National Raceway will not tolerate any type of fighting, harassment; male or female. If you start it & throw a punch you will be fined, barred, or jailed. No exceptions will be made regardless the cause.
17. Cars that run must have window nets, fire extinguisher, wrecker hooks, fire suits, helmet, neck restraint (hans or similar), proper battery installation or will be disqualified.
18. No person is allowed in tower at any time, except scorers. For any reason, no one is allowed in the tower, so do not go to tower with problems; go to the pit steward after all races are completed.
19. Any person driving in more than ONE class must purchase an extra arm band. This is the driver’s responsibility to do. NOT purchasing one will lead to disqualification of race.
20. All cars must pack track when needed or start on rear. (Only when needed).
21. All lead weights must be painted the color white & have drivers name or initial engraved in the lead. Drive shafts will be painted white.
22. Any prize money not picked up at the end of race night will be forfeited!
23. In the case of a DNS(do not start) you will be issued a(one) pit band!
24. RaceCeivers are MANDATORY!!
ANY SITUATION NOT SPECIFICALLY COVERED BY THESE RULES WILL BE ACTED UPON BY TENNESSEE NATIONAL RACEWAY OFFICIALS AND THEIR DECISION WILL BE FINAL.
GENERAL RACE PROCEDURES
1. All races will start when the pole sitter fires coming out of turn four. If anyone jumps the start 1st time he will be rolled back to the rear of the field those behind him will move up. No criss-crossing. Two tries and then we will go to a single file start. Each car must hold its position until the pole sitter fires. The completion of the first lap will be when half the cars cross the start/finish line. On start of race if either inside or outside poll cars spin on their own and causes a caution flag to be thrown then that car rolls back to the rear of pack. Any car on start of race or during race that causes a caution will go to the rear of field.
2. Anyone leaving the track surface will go to the rear. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Restarts will be at the LEADERS discretion in single file coming off of turn 4. No passing until after passing the cone on front straight away. IF YOU PASS BEFORE THE LEADER FIRES YOU WILL BE PUT TO THE REAR AT THE NEXT CAUTION OR SCORED LAST AT THE END WHICH EVER COMES FIRST.
4. Any car that does not maintain starting formation will go to rear.
5. Any car that draws 2 CAUTIONS in any race for any reason will have to take it to the pits. 6. Anyone stopping to argue with officials will be blacked flagged and sent to the pits.
7. Maximum car field is 24 unless approved by track official.
8. No one from pits on track surface at any time unless instructed to do so by the pit steward. (Red flag or caution)
9. No car repairs of any kind on the track. Do not pull up to apron without being instructed to do so by track officials. Go to infield for repairs.
10. All lapped cars will go to the rear on all restarts.
11. Move over flag means to hold a straight line as to where you are and do not try to run with the leaders that are lapping you. Holding your line means not up or down the track just simply a straight controlled line. If you hold up the lead pack you will be charged with a caution and scored a lap down. Make it easy on yourself and hold a straight line.
12. The completion of a lap is when everyone crosses the start/finish line. Should a caution occur everyone will go back to the last green lap.
13. A black flag will be given if there appears to be a problem with your car. If you get the flag, go to the pits.
14. If you are disqualified for any reason you will get no money or points for that night.
15. If you spin another car you will be charged with a caution and will go to the rear. TWO AND YOUR GONE!
16. Drivers will line up cars immediately upon request. If not you will lose your starting position. On qualifying you will start in the rear.
17. No laps will be scored that are run in the infield. You will not be scored if you cross inside the poles.
18. When the leader takes the white flag, there will be no yellow flag. You will race back to the checkered flag. If you spin a car on the last lap you will be scored last on the lead lap, and the car that did spin will be scored where he was running. If there is danger to a driver, or track is completely blocked it will be red flagged. It will be track officials decision to restart the race or score the race on the last completed lap. TRACK OFFICIALS DECISION WILL BE FINAL!
19. If a car has his nose up to driver’s door, then he has the right to his lane. NO CUTTING DOWN OR UP!
20. Heat races will be determined by drawing numbers at the registration window. Cut off will be 15 minutes before the start of hot laps.
21. No nitrous oxide in any class.
22. All cars are subject to weight check or inspection at any time by track officials.
23. Fast time-chooses inside or outside poll. (Cars that time trial)
24. Drivers can not change cars during any race once started.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
1. Cars entering, exiting and traveling through the pit must travel at a slow speed. Violators will be subject to disqualification, fine, or barred. This means everyone in any type of vehicle.
2. All cars must be equipped with a fully charged fire extinguisher and gauge in good working order and installed within easy reach of driver. No duct taping, plastic wiring, or straps will be allowed.
3. Fire resistant suits are required for all divisions.
4. Window nets are required for all divisions except classes prohibited.
5. Driver must be able to exit from both sides of the car.
6. Roll-over valves are required in all classes.
7. All cars must have padding on roll bars in driver’s area.
8. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
9. All glass must be removed.
10. Racing type seat mandatory in all classes with seat frame fastened to roll cage and door bars.
11. A 5 point safety harness is mandatory. Safety belts must come from behind the driver at shoulder height. Must use minimum 3/8” grade 5 bolts for belt installation.
12. If the battery is in the drivers’ compartment, it must be in a approved marine battery box top & bottom, and be securely bolted down with 1” x 1/8” metal straps.
13. A drive shaft safety loop made of ¼”x1”flat bar or ¼” chain minimum will be installed near front of drive shaft.
14. Drive shafts must be painted white for visibility on track.
15. All flammable materials must be removed from interior of car.
16. Fuel cells are mandatory. Must be, secured, with a minimum of (4) 1” x 1/8” steel straps and 3/8” bolts, if mounted in trunk area with 2 straps each way.
17. Cars must have complete fire wall front and rear.
18. All holes in fire walls and floor pan must be covered with 20 gauge sheet metal or thicker.
19. If fuel line runs inside of car, it must be in metal conduit.
20. All weight added to car must be bolted or welded, and painted white. Drivers name must be engraved on lead. No exception. No sandbags, etc. allowed.
21. All cars must have a minimum of (3) 3/8” diameter bars in windshield area on front of driver.
22. Lexan is permitted in front of driver only.
23. No factory seatbelts are to be used as safety harness.
24. All cars are required to weigh after a feature race and MUST go to scales IMMEDIATELY. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify the car. If car requires assistance to scales, a track official must okay it before doing so.
25. WEIGHING CATEGORY: The 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place finishers in all classes: If you fail to weigh, you will be disqualified. If a car incurs weight loss during an event before it reaches the scales at the end of an event and does not weight enough, it is subject to automatic penalties or disqualification. Only exception will be body parts lost during the race that may be added. All ballast weight must be bolted or secured at all times. If car requires assistance to scales, a track official must be present. Driver must accompany car to scales.
26. All heat races will have a 10 minute time limit, and all features will have a 20 minute time limit. (EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR RED FLAG TIME)
27. Rough driving will not be permitted or tolerated at Tennessee National Raceway. Anything not covered will be at track officials’ discretion.
28. Nerf bars are allowed, they must not protrude outward or have sharp edges.
-Any 1960 or newer full size car with 101” minimum wheel base
-All glass must be removed and a min
minimum of three, 3/8” diameter steel rods, added to the windshield area in front of the driver
-All upholstery, headlights, tail lights, mirrors, chrome and all flammable materials must be removed
-Minimum cutting for the tire clearance is allowed
-A track approved roll cage with padded roll bars in driver area is required. Roll cage must be welded to frame. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
-Racing seat, harness and window net is required and must be used anytime in car is on the track
OEM CAST IRON:
-compression not to exceed 175 lbs
-362 cubic inch MAX. NO 400’s
-Max cylinder bore allowed is 4.060”
-No stroking or destroking allowed. Stroke must be GM 3.480”, FORD 3.500”
-Stock 5.7 factory production rod
-Pistons dished or flat top 2 OR 4 valve relief pistons allowed
-Pistons must stay flush with or below top of block
-Factory passenger production heads only, no dart, no bow tie, or aluminum heads allowed
-No angel plugs or performance heads allowed
-Max valve 1.94
-Poly locks permitted
-No polishing, porting or match porting anywhere
-No milling inside chambers, each chamber must have a 55cc minimum volume
-Stock ratio rockers with stock diameter pushrods(roller rockers allowed)
-Headers or manifold allowed . No 180 degree headers.
-Hydraulic cam and lifters only. No roller cams. 480 max lift
-Balancing of engine is permitted
-Screw in studs or pinned studs allowed, guide plates allowed.
-Factory forged cast-iron or steel crankshaft with OEM factory casting numbers.
-No knifing. 50 lb. minimum weight.
-Stock style distributor, may hook a RPM limiter, NO MAGS or MSD BOXES.
-Engine set back no further than No. 1 plug in line with ball joint.
-Must run gasoline. No alcohol.
-Any intake NO HIGHRISERS.
-2 barrel *500 CFM. Must pass track inspection. (Measured with go/no-go gauge). MUST HAVE HAD CHOKE HORN!
-Manual fuel pumps only.
-All suspension must remain in stock location. May relocate shocks doe wedge bolts... one shock per corner.
-Racing springs and shocks allowed. Adjustable Spring buckets and lowering blocks allowed. Wedge bolts allowed.
-Rear end may be locked.
-A 9 inch Ford rear end allowed. After market axles are encouraged.
-Floaters are allowed.
-Drive shafts steel only – painted white with strap.
-4 wheel working brakes and after market components ok.
-Rear disc brakes ok, rotors and hats must be steel.
-No wedge blocks. No adjustable bars.
-No Bump Stops.
-No traction control devices.
-Stock/OEM Manual or automatic with working torque converter.
-Minimum 10.5 inch clutch.
-Flywheel must be steel and weigh a minimum of 20 lbs.
-No aftermarket transmissions.
-275/60 D.O.T. tires, Hoosier 500 (36103, 36105, 36107) IMCA G 60-15 or American Racer KK704.
-8” steel wheels max.
-Bead lock allowed on right rear and front.
-REAR tires must punch – 50 anytime.
-Softening is not allowed. Solvents of any kind are not allowed. Altering tires with any components or chemicals which after the manufacturers baseline-settings of the tire is not allowed.
-Grooving and/or siping is permitted.
-All sidewall markings must remain visible at all times. Buffing or removing of the compound designations is not allowed.
TRACK MANAGEMENT HAS FINAL SAY IN ANY SITUATION.
– Any compact or sub-compact front or rear wheel drive must have full stock body(sheet metal replacement OK, must maintain stock appearance and stock frame), firewall and floor plan.
– Trucks are permitted: must be all stock for that vehicle.
– No extended cab or long bed truck.
– All parts on racecar must be stock except where noted. Any infraction may require weight penalty.
– After market hoods and bumpers ok.
– Radiator protection bar must not be forward of the bumper.
– Bumpers do not have to be stock, but must not be wider than the fenders.
– Rear spoilers - ok, 8” maximum.
– Front and rear wrecker hooks are mandatory, but must not extend past bumper.
– Cockpit style interior and skirting are permitted.
– Frames: Unibody must be reinforced - MANDATORY.
– Racing seat, harness, window net, fire ext. fuel cell, three 3/8 rods in front of driver, full fire suit, and approved helmet. (Required at all times)
2. SUSPENSION: must be stock type.
– After market type springs and shocks ok. Must be in stock location.
– Alternations of upper or lower control arms and spring buckets are not permitted.
– Cars with leaf springs may have adjustable shackled- sliders on each leaf spring.
– Jack bolts all four corners will be allowed.
3. WHEELS: Steel - 8” width max. Off set permitted.
– Bead locks-allowed
4. TIRES: 8” 60 series street radial. RACING TIRES ALLOWED.
5. ENGINES: 2300 cc Allowed up 0.060
– Rods – 5.2, 5.4 or 5.7
– Stock Crank
– Pistons – Cast – Hypertectic Coating is allowed
– Any hydraulic cam and lifter is okay
– No roller cam or lifter of any type. No Shimming in lifters
– No dual overhead cams – Heads: decking of head is okay –No porting or polishing of head of intake
– Valves must be stock size for head
– Heads can be bow cut ¾” from seat of valve (no tolerance on bow cut)
– Fuel injected intakes allowed
– No porting or polishing
– No After Market intakes
–1” Adapter – No tolerance
-carb stock 4412 Holley 500 cfm
– Maximum compression 170
6. Electric fuel pumps will be allowed but must have shut off going to oil pressure switch and approved by Tech Any fuel lines that are routed the interior of vehicle must be in solid conduit.
7. Toyota-Nissan 2000 cc etc.
6. TRANSMISSIONS: Must be stock OEM type with all working gears in standard shift, automatic transmission must have working torque converter.
– Clutch: Factory OEM and fly wheel.
–Fly wheel must weigh 13 lbs. min.
– Scatter-proof bell housing recommended.
7. WEIGHT: weight of cars after race with driver - 2200 lbs.
8. BRAKES: Rear disc ok. Must be OEM rotors & calipers. After market pedals & master cylinders optional.
9. Any header.
10. ANYTHING NOT LISTED WILL BE AT TRACKS DISCRETION BY TECH MAN. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN, YOU CAN’T RUN IT!
-Any Stock OEM
-Mayr un tube or steel bumper, but if not stock must be covered with nose or tail piece for safety purpose
-Stock Wheel Base REQUIRED
-Stock Floor Pan, Firewall, and Wheel Well must remain in STOCK location
-All glass must be removed and a minimum of three, 3/8” diameter steel rods added to windshield area in front of drive
-All upholstery, headlights, tail lights, mirrors, chrome and all flammable materials must be removed
-Race seat, harness, and window net(s) will be required and must be used anytime care is on thr track
-Stock spoiler is permitted
-Minimum 4 point cage and protective bars around driver door (and passenger door if you have passenger**endure car**)
-Stock steering wheel CAN be replaced with racing steering wheel
-355 cubic inch MAX
-OEM rods ONLY
-4 valve flat or dish pistons ONLY
-Open chamber heads ONLY
-NO angle plugs or performance heads
-Stock size vales
-NO screw in studs or guide plates
-NO porting, polishing or match porting ANYWHERE
-NO milling inside chambers
-OEM production manifold/headers ONLY
-Stock production cam
-Balancing of engine permitted
-OEM stock crank per vehicle model ONLY
-Stock style distributor, NO MAG or MSD boxes
-Motor must remain in stock location
-Must un gasoline. NO alcohol
-Stock production intake ONLY, NO aftermarket allowed
-Stock carburetors or injectors ONLY, NO performance furl parts allowed
-No adaptor plates
-Removal of choke plate or tower NOT allowed
-Stock fuel pump per vehicle model, NO high performance fuel pumps allowed
-Electric fuel pump MUST have shut off switch
-NO cold air intakes
-NO traction control device
-ALL suspension must remain in stock location
-Stock springs & shocks per vehicle model, NO spring buckets or lowering blocks allowed.
-NO weight jacks or wedge bolts
-Stock rear end, MAY be welded
-Drive shafts steel ONLY, MUST be painted white with strap
-Stock brake all 4 corners MUST be working. NO aftermarket components allowed.
-Stock manual or automatic WITH working toque converter
-Flywheel must be steel
-NO aftermarket transmissions
6. WHEELS & TIRES:
-Stock wheel (may run 8 inch racing wheel) and tire ONLY (came factory on car)
-NO BEAD LOCKS
-NO racing tires
-Must be stamped DOT
-NO altering tire
Fuel tank and battery CAN be moved to a safer position.
STOCK PRODUCTION CAM **PROTEST FOR CAM LIFT $50** *Tech official may penalize any car not conforming to the rules with weight*